2.05.2016

currently, vol. 17



Loving: Gracie's ponytail! Her hair has been growing like crazy lately. Having a baby girl is the most fun thing in the world. She's been grabbing her board books a lot lately and flipping through them on her own while giggling and chattering to herself. It makes me so happy.

Feeling: Exhausted after an insane week. Water poured through our ceiling Monday night, loud neighbors kept us up most of the week, I woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday from the pain of a clogged milk duct (gross) that turned into a mild case of mastitis and put me out of commission for a day, and today I woke up sick to my stomach (probably from sleep deprivation). IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE.

Eating: There are chips and guacamole in the kitchen that are calling my name, but I'm waiting until nap time so I don't have to share with a certain 10-month-old who demands a bite of everyone's food.

Watching: Hear me out before you judge me. There is a Hallmark series called When Calls the Heart. It's as cheesy as it can be but I am obsessed. It's about a schoolteacher who moves to the Canadian frontier in the early 1900s. My grandma told me about. Yes, my grandmother. And I'm so glad, because my life would be so much sadder without it. I blew through season 2 on Netflix during my little stint with mastitis and I'm dying for season three to start in a couple weeks, but the New Year's special is on The Hallmark Channel's website, and I highly recommend curling up on the couch with some tea after a bad day and watching it. I haven't watched American Idol in years, but I'm watching it this season since it's the last. It's so good this year. New Girl is killing it this season as usual. Also, Downton Abbey. I will no longer have any reason to live through future winters since this is the last season. It was nice knowing all of you.

Listening: I'm working on a playlist of my favorite music to post in the near future. But during the evening cranky times when it's too early for bedtime and all the toys have lost their appeal, I put a She & Him record on the record player and we dance around the living room.

Drinking: Run straight to your grocery store and buy yourself some bengal spice herbal tea. I've been drinking some every night before bed. It's spicy and zippy and tastes like autumn.

Smelling: Peppermint tea due to the aforementioned upset stomach.

Reading: Little Women. Officially one of my favorite books of all time. I'm just going to constantly read it over and over. I'm almost finished and I don't want it to end! I'm thinking about reading Villette next? 

Cooking: Last night I made spaghetti with my mom's recipe for homemade meat sauce, green beans, and homemade bread. One of my favorite meals. I made this recipe for crockpot cashew chicken earlier in the week, except the store was out of cashews so I subbed peanuts. I served it with brown rice, broccoli, and carrots. I'm making it again immediately. I suddenly have a craving for chocolate chip waffles. That might be tomorrow morning's breakfast.

22 comments:

  1. Everything in your "cooking" paragraph is making me DROLL onto my keyboard, which, not surprisingly, is filled with crumbs from many a non-satisfying lunches I have while sitting at my desk. I'M COMING OVER FOR WAFFLES IN THE MORNING.

    Gracie's ponytail is my favorite thing in the entire world. Such a big girl. How is she almost ~A YEAR~ old already? HOW?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LISTEN, I KNOW HOW TO SPELL DROOL... I JUST... didn't, up there.

      Delete
    2. Funny enough, I got a far more vivid image from the word droll than I would have expected. And someone in the next room just asked what I was giggling so hard about.

      Delete
  2. MAJOR PONY ENVY OVER HERE.

    and now I'm looking at flights so I can come eat the leftovers of your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks their mom needs to bottle and sell her spaghetti sauce!

    I need your playlist ASAP. I have been so horrendously out of the music loop up here it's not even funny.

    After "Drinking:" I thought the first word was "Rum" and I was like "YES" but then I kept reading and you were just talking about tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture of Gracie is adorable and you have to be one proud momma that she loves her books! :)
    And yes, Villette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO proud! Her favorite one so far is Pride & Prejudice. She squeals every time I open it. I can't wait to read Villette! Then we can discuss it over tacos and ice cream again?

      Delete
  5. I've read Little Women about 5 times already... and can't wait for my daughter to get old enough for me tor read it to her. It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I need to watch that show!! Bookmarking for when Joe is gone. Also, her ponytail gives me life. Amelia will be three before she has that kind of hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO. GOOD. Be prepared to swoon. Major cheese but just so heartwarming. And I forgot to mention! Aunt Becky from Full House is in it <3

      Right? Just a few months ago I could barely pull any of it anywhere into a ponytail, now THIS? Crazy.

      Delete
  7. You could talk about food and books constantly, and I would be perfectly happy to read it. Someday if we ever meet, I imagine we would bake bread together, listen to music and read. And eat In-N-Out. It would be a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an epic ponytail. I'm biased toward babies with lots of hair. I know some people love the bald look, and I mean, they're still cute. But babies with hair are really cool.
    I wouldn't share guacamole with anyone either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute!! Look at your little ones hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grandmas recommend the best stuff. Mine has recommended Downton Abbey, Blue Bloods, and a handful of other shows that I'm not addicted to... haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant *now addicted to :) Jamie from Blue Bloods is a hunk! Haha!

      Delete
  11. I really would think there was something wrong with you if you didn't like LW! Now you need to read Jo's Boys, Little Men, and Rose in Bloom. They aren't quite as fantastic, but I still really enjoy them! Also, love the pony. I recently asked Jordan if he thinks R will get hair... Ha! That will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That ponytail makes me smile! I am 27 years old and I've never had such a good ponytail in my whole life.

    Also, I made that cashew chicken on Sunday and I'm telling everyone I know about it. I steamed broccoli and added it when I added the cashews, and it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can Gracie tell me her hair secrets? My hair wasn't that long until I was probably 6 or 7. TRUE STORY.

    And all of that food <33 I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to share my chips and guac either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard about When Calls the Heart from my dad of all people! He tried to make it out like it was about a Canadian mounty. Mhmm. I watched the first season and proceeded to tease him mercilessly about it ;D The cheese is real but I looooove it. I was so excited to see that the second season is on Netflix! Haven't gotten a chance to watch it but soon. Also the pony is too adorable and now I'm dying for my moms spaghetti and green beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I'm not the only one who loves that show! I blew through season 2 in two days, haha. Season 3 starts the 21st. I'm going to use my parents' cable log-in info so I can watch it online. I'm shameless. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH ELIZABETH AND CONSTABLE JACK.

      Delete
  15. Is there any chance When Calls the Heart was a book series first? Maybe by Janette Oke? I went through a huge Oke phase in high school and I seem to remember a series by that same name. I loved it. Also, have you watched Grantchester? It was on after Downton last year. The first season just became available on Amazon prime. It is so charming and will help ease the pain of Downton ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a book series! I'm glad you mentioned it because I completely forgot to mention that. The plot line seems so familiar, and I THINK I read it years ago?? I think I saw an episode or two of Granchester. I need to watch the whole thing! Anything to help with Downton ending. Can't even talk about it.

      Delete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.