4.14.2016

a spring playlist



I have a total vision for this playlist. Imagine you're sitting on the front porch of a cute little white house somewhere in the country or the mountains. There are apple blossoms, magnolias, cherry blossoms--everything. All the trees that bloom are blooming all around the porch. There are lilacs and a blooming hydrangea bush and birds and probably lots of sneezing, because well, it's spring. You're just casually rocking in a wooden rocking chair in your distressed jeans and sandals with this music wafting through the air. You're sipping on an iced tea or iced coffee with cream. Pick your poison. If you were to go inside (but why would you?), you'd find a blueberry pie cooling on the counter. The windows are open, so you can smell it. The sun is shining, and life is good. The house is clean, everything is done, and you're just basking in the goodness of life. Maybe this isn't your kind of spring music, but it's mine. Nothing calms and centers me quite like the twang of a banjo or an acoustic guitar. I have no explanation for this, other than the fact that banjos are the friendliest instruments (to listen to, not to play). They're what life should be.

Now that you're all cozy on your porch, turn some music on. Some is old, some is new, some is punchy, and some is sleepy. All of it is good.

9 comments:

  1. I want that to be in the above scene! Can't wait to listen. I love the banjo too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's talk about The Lumineers' new album - SO good!

    I love the idea of "everything is done" because that's a feeling I very rarely have. It's hard to be in the moment of even the most mundane thing because I'm constantly thinking about what I need to do next.

    Fingers crossed it's warm enough this weekend so I can enjoy this playlist while lounging outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scene you just set. I'll have to check out your list, but in my little daydream I would definitely be playing some DMB. It's my favorite warm weather chill music! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please take me to wherever this life/scene exists!! Reminds me SO much of my great-aunt's house we'd visit while growing up... but mix in the occasional scent of animals or manure because it was a farm after all ;) Love your playlist!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Saving this playlist for when I'm stuck inside tomorrow, painting doors during a snowstorm. Seriously, that's what I'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! This is absolutely the perfect kind of playlist and I wish I could transport myself right into your set up scene, it sounds so relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thanks for that vision. I love it. I would love to be transported to that place. I'll check out this playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's 80 degrees here today (hallelujah) and I have a long walk planned for tonight. I'm going to listen to this playlist as I stroll!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.