8.15.2016

summer songs

I've noticed lately that my musical tastes are very seasonal. I tend to gravitate toward different kinds of music during different times of the year. These are the few songs I've been listening to all summer long, the ones I keep coming back to. It's a small playlist, but a good one. Low Tide Love has been the soundtrack to many sweltering walks to the park. Distant Lands is what I've had on repeat the past week. But every single one of these songs has been my obsession at some point this summer.

Friday was a terrible day. By 9:30 in the morning, I was sitting on the bathroom floor crying. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong. After lunch, I put this playlist on while I did the dishes, and I swear to you it fixed everything. Gracie and I danced around the living room, and both our moods drastically improved. She napped a rare 2.5 hours while I caught up on Olympic gymnastics. James came home, cooked us dinner, and all was right in the world again. Basically what I'm saying is that this playlist is magical and healing and will make you want to groove. But don't sue me if your baby doesn't nap afterwards. Just go sit in your pantry and eat some chocolate. And then put this playlist on and dance.



 

10 comments:

  1. Love seeing my faves TAB and Lake Street Dive on there-- I am going to have to cue this playlist up today to beat those Monday blues!! Thanks Shells!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm officially old. I've never heard of anyone on your playlist, but I am enjoying listening to it! Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it back...I didn't see the Avett Brothers at the bottom. At least I know who they are. ;-)

      Delete
  3. You always find the best music by bands I've never heard of in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what blogger make music suggestions. I'm horrible at finding the indie/underground/not-main-stream bands so I rely on others for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post filled me with nostalgia for the Good Old Days when bloggers posted song suggestions and playlists often. That was such a great time in my life. I'm going to listen to this playlist right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEs! Thank you! I love it already and I'm only on the first song! Your music taste is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.