6.29.2017

who knew you could produce so many puns about produce?

In this week's edition of Texts With My Parents, I sent the below picture to my parents. Trips to Kroger have been nothing short of disastrous the past few months. Gracie won't walk with me or sit in the cart, she just cries and wants to be held. The produce guy saw my struggle and got me a race car cart, or a "racecart." He saved my life. Gracie was so happy and well-behaved the entire time that I hardly recognized her. Anyway, the conversation quickly took a strange turn. If you're not a fan of puns, I'm sorry for the lack of joy in your life, and also you will probably hate this post. My dad and I are a force to be reckoned with when we're together, but NO ONE can rival his pun abilities. Absolutely no (p)un.










We could go on and on, but everyone around us would want to kale us.

17 comments:

  1. I love this so berry much. Lettuce all give your dad a round of apple-ause for being the king of puns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, you guys are the best. I love your mom's comment about how your minds work differently than hers...that's exactly something my mom would say. And something I would say, because I can't think of a good pun to insert here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is hilarious!! You and your dad KALE me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your father should co author a book.

    This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This. Is. Hilarious. Please make it a weekly post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best!!!!!!!! You guys are so great. please do more of these!
    I think y'all would have gotten along really well with one of my husband's college computer science professors who always made the worst jokes and puns in class. And now my husband and his coworkers frequently make bad jokes and puns, so maybe it's a computer scientist thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your parents. This is truly impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is extremely impressive.... You most definitely got your dad's genes when it comes to puns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing! Love it, I'm going to show my husband. He appreciates a good pun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reminds me so much of my dad it kind of freaks me out. Although I would not be responding so as not to feed the monster. :P What I really noticed was all the popcorn in the aisle behind Gracie. Now I just want popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THAT??? Good lord woman, I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in my blood! I have no other explanation.

      Delete
  12. And just when you think it can't go on anymore because surely there are no produce puns left in the world it just keeps going. So good. You guys are grape.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.