7.31.2017

lasts

I have nothing to write about other than the 5 days of migraines I've experienced over the past week and my current hormonal issues (not pregnant), so I'm stealing this from Erin.



Last thing I ate: grilled turkey & cheddar sandwich with sweet potato chips

Last thing I drank: raspberry iced coffee

Last text I sent: to James "I thought I heard G in the monitor but the air conditioner was on [editor's note: our AC sounds like a freight train. You can't hear anything in the living room when it's on.] so I wasn't sure. I tried to lower the volume of the AC with the tv remote πŸ™ˆ" I blame my second migraine in a week for my current state of low brain function.

Last book I read: I have 60 pages left of Villette and for some reason I am s t r u g g l i n g to finish it. I read Bunmi Laditan's Confessions of a Domestic Failure in two days last week and I'm still giggling over it.

Last time I laughed: at myself trying to control the air conditioner with the tv remote, but mostly at Gracie this morning when I discovered she had filled up a flower pot with water and dunked Pooh Bear inside for a bath (with soap she had found in a kitchen cabinet). People talk a lot about how hard toddlers are, but let it be known they are also so imaginative and hilarious.

Last thing you bought: a toddler mom bag on Amazon as well as a replacement kid's Bible after Gracie ripped hers to shreds when we didn't get her out of her crib fast enough last weekend. 

Last movie you saw: I caught part of a Doris Day and Cary Grant movie (A Touch of Mink?) on some local channel yesterday but the signal kept going out. I need to find a way to finish it because I was hooked.

Last TV show you watched: lots of random episodes of The Office, but also Dateline. Every now and then I become obsessed with crime shows and want to watch episodes of Dateline and 20/20  24/7. 

Last thing you googled: Have you heard of Paul Swenson, the missing husband of the fashion blogger in Utah? I saw something about it on Instagram last week and I have become obsessed. I don't know these people and I live nowhere near them, but I keep googling to see if there are any updates in the case. There's a Find Paul Swenson Facebook group with updates from people about possible leads and I refresh it every 5 minutes. I have a problem. This might also be why I've suddenly become re-enamored with Dateline. 

12 comments:

  1. I was thinking of stealing this from Erin too, and now I think I will! ;-) Raspberry iced coffee sounds really good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the Dateline thing. I love it so much. I'm going to need to look into Paul Swenson. Also, tell me more about this raspberry iced coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely imaginative and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about the migraines and hormonal issues! That's so rough. Your sandwich and chips sounds so good (we rarely have meat-sandwich supplies in our kitchen, so those kinds of things always sound amazing to me), and your coffee sounds amazing. Could you please share your recipe? I'm thinking this would be a good excuse to buy ice cube trays, because we don't own any, and I never realized how much I appreciated those things until we moved and suddenly haven't had ice cube trays for nearly two months.

    I also need to watch that Cary Grant movie, because he is my #1 favorite old-movie-actor. Maybe my #1 favorite actor ever. I don't know. He's just fabulous. And haha, so for a year or something, my husband has mentioned that he really wanted to show me The Office (because I had never seen it). I thought it sounded dumb, so I was like, "Whatever, maybe someday..." and then a few weeks ago, he started showing it to me. I am so hooked and obsessed, I feel bad (kind of) because this surprised my husband and myself, and now he's discovered that anytime he's at home, I don't want him to have any leisure time by himself, because I want him to show me more episodes of The Office :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a toddler mom bag???? Is this a thing I need? Does it come equipped with snacks, size 4 diapers, and a harness?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sandwich sounds so amazing or maybe I'm just really easily distracted by food right now. Last thing I ate was homemade salsa with chips, also pretty tasty but now I'm thinking about sandwiches...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oof. I hope your head feels better soon... and your hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought a toddler mom bag today! It's a kind of embarrassing back pack style but I don't even care, it works. And me and Josh are obsessed with dateline too! We get so excited when there's a new one lol sorry about the migraines, I'll be praying for you πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I got the mom backpack too! Haha. It's hands-free so I don't even care. Thank you so much for the prayers! πŸ’—

      Delete
  9. I, too, am wondering what a toddler mom bag is. I bought my toddler a backpack, is it like that?

    Do you think your migraines might be hormonal? Hopefully they sort themselves out soon! I'm not going to tell you how I manage mine because it would break your heart.

    Parker is starting to use his imagination and it is the best! Also, toddlers that aren't teething really are hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raspberry iced coffee?!?! YES, Please!

    I can't wait to read Confessions of a Domestic Failure. I might lose all self control and read it pre baby 😬

    G baby could entertain me for days. She is seriously something special!! Love that girl 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will laugh so hard! I want to read it again I loved it so much.

      She loves you too!!

      Delete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.