1.30.2013

it's raining today and I'm sleepy, so this is as deep as I can get

I straight up copied Erin's post, but she said I could. And I changed a few things. This totally reminds me of those middle school survey things we all used to fill out. It's just too much fun to pass up.

So have a seat, class. It's time to learn all about Michelle. 

10 all time favorite TV shows
1. The Office
2. Parks & Rec
3. The Big Bang Theory
4. Downton Abbey
5. Seinfeld
6. Friends
7. Boy Meets World
8. Duck Dynasty
9. Gilmore Girls
10. How I Met Your Mother 



 

9 favorite movies
1. White Christmas
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. The Holiday
4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. You've Got Mail
6. Bridesmaids
7. Sixteen Candles
8. Anchorman
9. 10 Things I Hate About You



8 favorite musicians
1. Jamie Cullum
2. The Avett Brothers
3. Dry the River
4. The Black Keys
5. Ingrid Michaelson
6. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
7. Frank Sinatra
8. Of Monsters and Men


7 things I'm loving
1.My outfit today. I looked in the mirror this morning and thought, "you nailed it, Michelle. You nailed it." And then James gave me a weird look and said he didn't like it. Men! Don't fear, I'm still proudly wearing it. I would show you a picture, but that would go against my cardinal rule of no outfit pictures.
2. Even though I'm the rare breed that loves cold and snow, I've loved having 60 degree temperatures the last few days. It's been nice to have a break from heavy coats, gloves, and warming up my car before leaving in the morning. But we'll be back to snow tomorrow.
3. The fact that I have TWO. DAYS. LEFT.
4. Eating vegetarian. I have nothing against meat whatsoever, but I stopped cooking with meat about a month ago just as a little experiment, and I'm loving it. I probably couldn't do it without Angi and her awesome recipes she sends me.
5. Our new car. I drove it around on my lunch break yesterday blasting Thrift Shop. I have never felt more baller in my life.
6. You guys. I get all sappy and misty when I think about how you guys are just the best friends ever. I mean, Tiffany sent a box of goodies for my new job for crying out loud, and Alissa sent me a congratulations card. It's awesome to know there are people out there that care about you.
7. The glitter belt pictures I found of myself over the weekend. Coming to a blog post near you soon.

Ok, fine. I'll show you part of my outfit. It's the shoes that really tie it all in. Or something like that.

The fake growl, ftw.
 Some things to say about this picture: I bought the tunic from Modcloth because it was called the Pam Breezely tunic. That sold me right there.

And yes, those are Christmas lights in the bathroom. They are STILL up.


6 places I want to visit
1. The UK-mainly England & Ireland, but I wouldn't mind seeing Scotland again!
2. France
3. Hawaii
4. Denmark
5. Alaska
6. The rest of Europe

Edinburgh Castle, 2010

5 things I am not loving
1. My shoes are squeaking. My feet sound like ducks. 
2. My coffee cup is now empty. Totally unacceptable. 
3. There is still no donut in my mouth. I will fix this Friday night, since apparently I'm not eating sweets during the week.
4.  PFF's foot-sized earrings. My ears literally hurt just looking at them. 
5. The fact that I will have to figure out some sort of blog schedule with the new job. But it's totally worth it.


4 things I'd rather never see again
1. My current coworkers after Friday. Never do I ever want to see any of their faces again.
2. The time when my alarm clock goes off. I may be much more of a morning person than a night owl, but 5:45 will never be acceptable to me. 
3. Columbus rush hour traffic. It's going to be the death of me.
4. Outfit of the day posts (even though I posted a picture of my shirt. I see the irony. It is not lost on me).
  
3 things I'd like to do this year
1. I've already accomplished two of my biggest goals for the year: get a new job and trade in our truck for something more practical. So next? Find somewhere to live when our lease is up this summer. Preferably something that rhymes with mouse. 
2. Meet some of you guys in real life!
3. Go on some sort of vacation, even if it's just a weekend road trip to Chicago. 

2 facts about me
1. The summer before my sophomore year of college, I went on a first date with a guy I'd had a crush on for months. He brought his ex girlfriend on our date. It's a crazy story. I should write about it sometime.
 2. I have never once highlighted or colored my hair. All I've done is cut it, straighten it, and curl it. There's a part of me that wants to do something crazy and dye the ends of my hair green or something. Maybe someday. 

1 meaning behind my blog name
1.  It's pretty obvious. My name is Michelle, hence the name michmash. And my blog really is a mishmash of random crap. I have no blog niche whatsoever, and I like it that way.

23 comments:

  1. so, so great. you make me giggle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MANY THINGS ABOUT THIS I NEED TO COMMENT ON.

    I recently got into How I Met Your Mother (last summer) and went on to watch all seven seasons that are on Netflix in a matter of months. It's both embarrassing and, if I do say so myself, IMPRESSIVE. GIVE ME THAT PAM BREEZLY TUNIC. That outfit is so precious, I must have!!! What I would have GIVEN to see you rolling dirty listening to Thrift Shop! I do the same regularly, except my song of choice is "What's Your Fantasy". Um, the six places you want to visit should all be NEW YORK, NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Just saying. Although, all those other places sound rad, too.

    And finally: homeboy brought his EX ON YOUR DATE??? I need to hear more about it. Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that tunic in blue- I love it! And I am in the middle of HIMYM on Netflix- it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M BACK IN ACTION.

    I really love #2 under "3 things I'd like to do this year" ...like seriously. Love it.

    And I can't believe those Christmas lights were up to begin with - and now that it's always February...they need to come down! I know - trip people with on Friday.

    Love the outfit. And the hair. And the fake growl.

    I'm stealing this from you. And Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I can't believe you've never done anything to your hair. God only knows what mine would look like if I never highlighted it!

      Delete
    2. Also, also...I can't believe Upstate NY isn't on your places to visit. PSH.

      Delete
  5. The Christmas lights were the thing I saw first. Then your super cute outfit!!!
    I want to hear the story about the ex. WHAT A JERK!
    Come to London. Please..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I like the same TV shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted the Pam Breezely tunic for so long! So it is amazing as it looks? Hmmm..

    Your hair is killing it today. As is the growl.

    I really hope you find a shmouse (ryhmes with mouse) this summer. I can already imagine the amazing nipster decor!

    2 DAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoughts:

    I love the tunic, and I love the color!!! Now I'm curious about your shoes...!

    When I first saw that picture I was on my phone, and I thought you dyed your bangs purple.

    ANCHORMAN!!!!!!!!

    Idea: You and James come to Alaska, and then we'll all fly to Hawaii together. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  9. there are so many great things going on in this post I cant even deal. OBSESSED.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you have no blog niche. It makes me happy, you make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you watched Bunheads? It's from the writer of Gilmore Girls and you can tell, witty and sarcastic!
    You should definitely visit England, more specifically London, you can do the Downton tour if you do ;)
    Love the colour of your tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope you write the story of the guy bringing his ex on a date..... that is already so crazy sounding!!!!

    Also- I never watched The Office when it was on, but we just got Netflix last month and have been mowing through the seasons. I am so hooked. We're on Season 7 now. SUCH a great show, omg!!!

    Lastly- You're adorable and we need an Ohio blogger meetup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have so much to comment on, where do I start?...your favorite show list resembles mine...I love that you bought a shirt because it was called "Pam Breezely"....I couldn't agree more with the co-workers comment. I never ever wanted to see my old co-worers either. I'm happy for you that you are moving on. Thanks for sharing all these fun (and funny) facts :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wahoo so glad you did this! I have never done anything to my hair either! We're one of the few my friend. I'm so confused about this date story. HIMYM was renewed for a 9th and final season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I feel like we have a bunch in common!!! :-) I would LOVE to hear this date story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I love that episode of HIMYM, especially the part with Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Foot sized earrings."

    I hope you never have to see those people again either. Except I secretly want you to run into PFF at the grocery store or something and I would want to see if she would ignore you or be over the top friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are hoping to buy something that rhymes with mouse in the near future as well.

    I cannot wait to hear this date story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't get over the fact that you are doing your growl face in your outfit picture. I can't.

    I really do want to send you a KK card. For serious. I want to join the legion of awesome bloggers who send Michelle shit.

    Your January has been really productive, since you accomplished 2 of your biggest goals for the whole year. Can't wait to see what you do with the 11 extra months this year is giving you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "1. My shoes are squeaking. My feet sound like ducks.
    2. My coffee cup is now empty. Totally unacceptable."

    my favoritest parts of this mish-mash blog post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Duck Dynasty....how this show has become one of my faves. Uncle Si is hands down THE BEST. He always has the best one-liners!

    AND you included a picture of our handsome friend Kip!!

    I have the same top from Modcloth! It looks so good on you.

    You are just so great. loved this post and I hope YOU don't mind if I steal it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! If your email is linked to your account, I'll respond to you via email. If not, I'll respond to you right here.