So have a seat, class. It's time to learn all about Michelle.
10 all time favorite TV shows
1. The Office
2. Parks & Rec
3. The Big Bang Theory
4. Downton Abbey
7. Boy Meets World
8. Duck Dynasty
9. Gilmore Girls
10. How I Met Your Mother
9 favorite movies
1. White Christmas
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. The Holiday
4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. You've Got Mail
7. Sixteen Candles
9. 10 Things I Hate About You
8 favorite musicians
1. Jamie Cullum
2. The Avett Brothers
3. Dry the River
4. The Black Keys
5. Ingrid Michaelson
6. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
7. Frank Sinatra
8. Of Monsters and Men
7 things I'm loving
1.My outfit today. I looked in the mirror this morning and thought, "you nailed it, Michelle. You nailed it." And then James gave me a weird look and said he didn't like it. Men! Don't fear, I'm still proudly wearing it. I would show you a picture, but that would go against my cardinal rule of no outfit pictures.
2. Even though I'm the rare breed that loves cold and snow, I've loved having 60 degree temperatures the last few days. It's been nice to have a break from heavy coats, gloves, and warming up my car before leaving in the morning. But we'll be back to snow tomorrow.
3. The fact that I have TWO. DAYS. LEFT.
4. Eating vegetarian. I have nothing against meat whatsoever, but I stopped cooking with meat about a month ago just as a little experiment, and I'm loving it. I probably couldn't do it without Angi and her awesome recipes she sends me.
5. Our new car. I drove it around on my lunch break yesterday blasting Thrift Shop. I have never felt more baller in my life.
6. You guys. I get all sappy and misty when I think about how you guys are just the best friends ever. I mean, Tiffany sent a box of goodies for my new job for crying out loud, and Alissa sent me a congratulations card. It's awesome to know there are people out there that care about you.
7. The glitter belt pictures I found of myself over the weekend. Coming to a blog post near you soon.
Ok, fine. I'll show you part of my outfit. It's the shoes that really tie it all in. Or something like that.
|The fake growl, ftw.|
And yes, those are Christmas lights in the bathroom. They are STILL up.
6 places I want to visit
1. The UK-mainly England & Ireland, but I wouldn't mind seeing Scotland again!
6. The rest of Europe
|Edinburgh Castle, 2010|
5 things I am not loving
1. My shoes are squeaking. My feet sound like ducks.
2. My coffee cup is now empty. Totally unacceptable.
3. There is still no donut in my mouth. I will fix this Friday night, since apparently I'm not eating sweets during the week.
4. PFF's foot-sized earrings. My ears literally hurt just looking at them.
5. The fact that I will have to figure out some sort of blog schedule with the new job. But it's totally worth it.
4 things I'd rather never see again
1. My current coworkers after Friday. Never do I ever want to see any of their faces again.
2. The time when my alarm clock goes off. I may be much more of a morning person than a night owl, but 5:45 will never be acceptable to me.
3. Columbus rush hour traffic. It's going to be the death of me.
4. Outfit of the day posts (even though I posted a picture of my shirt. I see the irony. It is not lost on me).
3 things I'd like to do this year
1. I've already accomplished two of my biggest goals for the year: get a new job and trade in our truck for something more practical. So next? Find somewhere to live when our lease is up this summer. Preferably something that rhymes with mouse.
2. Meet some of you guys in real life!
3. Go on some sort of vacation, even if it's just a weekend road trip to Chicago.
2 facts about me
1. The summer before my sophomore year of college, I went on a first date with a guy I'd had a crush on for months. He brought his ex girlfriend on our date. It's a crazy story. I should write about it sometime.
2. I have never once highlighted or colored my hair. All I've done is cut it, straighten it, and curl it. There's a part of me that wants to do something crazy and dye the ends of my hair green or something. Maybe someday.
1 meaning behind my blog name
1. It's pretty obvious. My name is Michelle, hence the name michmash. And my blog really is a mishmash of random crap. I have no blog niche whatsoever, and I like it that way.